D vs C++11

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Fri Nov 2 16:07:59 PDT 2012

On 11/02/2012 10:53 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 11/2/2012 2:33 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I said the gap is getting thinner, not that is gone. It got foreach,
>> some form
>> of CTFE, static assert, lambda to mention a few new features.
>

> No ranges. No purity. No immutability. No modules. No dynamic closures.
> No mixins. Little CTFE. No slicing. No delegates. No shared. No template
> symbolic arguments. No template string arguments. No alias this.

No static if. Limited forward references. No real function local
aggregate types. No real nested classes. No local template
instantiation. No nested functions. No value range propagation for
implicit conversions. No built-in string support. No built-in unicode
support. No template guards. No inout. No default-initialization. No
return type deduction for non-lambdas. No generic lambdas. No type
deduction for lambda parameter types. No super. Less powerful typeof
that is called decltype. No is-expressions. No compile-time reflection.
No thread-local by default. No UFCS. No tuple/sequence types. No
sequence auto-expansion. No sane built-in array types. No tuple slicing.
No .init/.min/.max/etc. No kind of static foreach. No new scopes
introduced in case statements. No block statements in a for-loop
initializer. No optional parentheses on function calls. No implicit
reference types. No ^^ operator. No binary ! operator. No built-in
complex number types. Less comparison operators. None of eg.
bearophile's enhancement requests.

... in no particular order, afaik, and to name a few. :o)