[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

renoX renozyx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 05:28:57 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 18 September 2012 at 09:14:30 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:03:03 +0200
> "renoX" <renozyx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not very good rant,
>> you write:
>> > They have imagined a "phone", where being able to answer the
>> > call is completely by luck if the phone has been in your
>> > pocket when the call arrived! Chances are, you will touch
>> > something on the "smart" screen and reject the call by some
>> > random reason
>>
>> I have the *same issue* with a non-tactile phone:
>
> I assume you mean non-touchscreen?

Yes.

[cut]
>> How do you suggest to fix this issue?
>>

> - "Clamshell" flip-phone.

Well you can buy a case with a hardcover, the result is the same;
well at least for a phone with a touch screen the result should
be the same, for my nokia (which has no touchscreen) the phone
still activate from time to time (even with a case with a
hardcover): my next phone will have a touchscreen..
Even better any mobile part is fragile but replacing a case is
much cheaper than replacing a phone.

> - A proper physical switch for lock/unlock. The one on the
> Toshiba Gigabeat F (admittedly a music player, not a phone)
> works flawlessly.

Maybe, lot of physical switches are not proper though.

RenoX