Getting started with D - Phobos documentation sucks

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Sep 30 10:28:07 PDT 2012

On 2012-09-30 17:53, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 30 September 2012 at 15:41:46 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> If you want to write the code, feel free.
>
> I'm sorry, this probably came across as rude, but the answer for why not
> do it the right way is simply that the right way takes time and I don't
> feel like putting it in. Apparently not very many other people do
> either, since we've had the status quo for a long time now.
>
> A quick helper app can be slapped together in a fraction of the time of
> a more proper fix.

Yeah I know. I would like to fix it but I think the DMD code base is
quite horrible and just a big mess. I've tried several times to fix
small bugs or tried to do some other modifications. But every time I
fail because I have no idea what I'm doing and the DMD code base is far
from easy to work.

--
/Jacob Carlborg