Formal Review of std.process

Lars T. Kyllingstad public at kyllingen.net
Sat Apr 6 02:13:10 PDT 2013

I wonder if we should change the name of Config.gui to
Config.noConsole.  It corresponds to the CREATE_NO_WINDOW flag in
the Windows API, for which the documentation says:

"The process is a console application that is being run without a
console window. Therefore, the console handle for the application
is not set. This flag is ignored if the application is not a
console application [...]"

I know some people don't like negative flags, but in this case it
seems more precise.  It doesn't create a GUI, it prevents the
creation of a console.

Lars