parseJSON bug

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Aug 8 13:39:09 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 10:15:28PM +0200, Tofu Ninja wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 August 2013 at 18:31:52 UTC, David wrote:
> >>
> >>Phobos needs a new dictator.
> >
> >Either that, or I will soon start my own standard lib and stop
> >caring
> >about phobos. I think, I even know a few who would help me...
>
> It is really bad that people are actually talking about starting
> there own standard lib, I wasn't around for the whole phobos vs
> tango thing but from what I hear, it wasn't pretty. If there is
> problems with phobos or the way its managed, I feel like we should
> try and fix them and not try to replace it.

Yeah, another Phobos/Tango (or whatever it may be) split is probably
going to be the thing that finally kills off D before it ever reaches
widespread adoption. Please, let's not go there.

Here's another approach. If you feel something is wrong with Phobos and
your pulls aren't getting accepted for whatever reason, why not package
it up nicely in a form that's easily installable by users, and publish
it? Say you have a replacement for std.json that you feel is far
superior, well, then make it installable as a standalone library (say
alt.json), and promote it here and get many people to start to use it.
Once it's widely-used, I suspect it will be far easier to convince
people to put it into Phobos. :-)

"I'm running Windows '98." "Yes." "My computer isn't working now." "Yes, you already said that." -- User-Friendly