Exceptional coding style

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 01:07:51 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 01:29:24 UTC, Rob T wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 at 01:03:36 UTC, Peter Alexander
> wrote:
>>
>> There's nothing stopping a more superior method from still
>> using the keyboard.
>>
>> What amazes me is how much language complexity is added just
>> to make text editing more bearable.
>
> I agree, and consider this discussion as being a part of that
> complexity. We're accomplishing nothing of much importance
> really by aligning columns and adjusting font size, it's arcane.

I actually find aligning columns to be extremely handy, assuming
your editor has column-editing ability.

When you have a ton of similar lines of code which need to be
edited in parallel, lining them up lets you edit all of them in
one keystroke. Saves me quite a lot of annoying editing in the
long run, actually.