Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 22:38:26 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 6 June 2013 at 05:31:21 UTC, Rob T wrote:
> Yes I agree that's much more intuitive.
>
> Also having ability for methods to individually opt out of a
> virtual: or final: block will be nice to have.
>
> eg
>
> virtual:
>
>    void a();
>    final void b();

> This should satisfy everyone since you'll easily be able to
> make a class virtual by default or final by default (more or
> less).

The other way around break less code and achieve the same result.

I still don't understand how that C# interview shifted the
discussion that much. Only 3 argument are provided, one that have
been made obsolete by compiler technology, one that have been
invalidated by actual usage (hopefully, C# being in a VM, this
could be fixed by providing tooling that patch the bytecode,
which isn't an option in D) and one that do not apply to D.