Migrating dmd to D?

Vincent thornik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 01:54:05 PST 2013

Andrei, I cannot catch these steps:

> 1. Implement the dtoh standalone program that takes a D module
> and generates its corresponding C++ header.
>
> 2. Use dtoh to initiate and conduct an incremental port of the
> compiler. At given points throughout the code D code will
> coexist and link with C++ code.

Since D is written on C++, what exactly you gonna convert to "C++
header"??

Anyway, I offer to keep away from C++ code - it's written with
"C++ in mind", while D offers brand new world. So I support
rewritting D on D from scratch.
Initially frontend only + join LLVM backend. And next (if we find
LLVM not so well) we can write our own backend.