PyD

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed May 15 03:55:05 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-14 at 19:32 -0700, Ellery Newcomer wrote:
[…]
> Mmph. I've tried several build systems with pyd, and at the end of the
> day, it only makes it that more difficult to set up a vm for testing,
> hence CeleriD.

OK, I will investigate more, thanks.

> If people think it would be beneficial, we can totally do it, though.
>
> btw what's the status with SCons and D? I vaguely remember it was being
> all anal about not using dmd from the user's search path..

Currently there is a fork of SCons specifically designed for the
evolution of the D tooling.
https://bitbucket.org/russel/scons_d_tooling Yes it is owned and
operated by me, but then you knew this as you forked it :-) (*)  I gave
up trying to keep the tools separate from SCons core as the D tooling
was already quasi integrated.  What is there works and allows for D, C,
C++ inter-working. However, the compilation model is C and C++ oriented
whereas D looks to a more "compile all the source with one command line"
based approach – as does Chapel. I ran out of time to get this in place
so this is all still "work in progress".

This has not yet been integrated into the SCons core as it should have
been. It all needs more work, more hands, and definitely some of that
needs to be Windows-based.

As far as I am aware all the searching for a D compiler works as it
should on Debian Unstable and OSX. All other platforms are untried.

(*) and your version comes way before mine in Google searches which is
really annoying ;-)

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk