DIP 50 - AST macros

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Nov 11 02:59:27 PST 2013

On 2013-11-11 11:51, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

> Yes I do agree with that. I'm just more worried about what backs it then
> pleasantries that we can give the developer.
> Also if you're not looking towards pragma's to hook into stopping
> compilation what are your ideas and thoughts around this issue? Because
> at this point I only know of static assert to do it.

A function call on the context parameter as I've already showed. This
would just call "error" which is already implemented in the compiler.
Although I don't know how to actually do the connection between the
compiler internals the user code. I think this is one of the big
challenges with this DIP. For this function I guess it could be done
like an intrinsic (is that the correct word?).

--
/Jacob Carlborg