try/catch idiom in std.datetime

growler growlercab at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 14:28:18 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 20 November 2013 at 20:47:10 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
[snip]
> There are a bunch of styles that are consistent yet used by
> nobody, because they are objectively worse. So consistency is
> not the sole requirement.
[snip]

This is true, one can always be consistently illegible :D

http://www.ioccc.org/1986/bright.c

For me personally I always find switching to FORTRAN very
jarring. It is interesting because FORTRAN itself is very
readable, but the style often used and ALLCAPS everywhere make it
hard to read at first.

However, on the whole I've found consistency often leads to
legibility.

Cheers.