dub: should we make it the de jure package manager for D?

Jason den Dulk public2 at jasondendulk.com
Tue Sep 10 21:06:13 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 10 September 2013 at 20:48:58 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:

> We're considering making dub the official package manager for
> D. What do you all think?

I think it is a good idea. Having a broad library available for
developers to use is a big boost to productivity.

However, I agree with luminousone that there need to be some
rules about inclusion in the registry. Here are my ideas.

1) Must be legal.
2) Must be release usable.
3) Always has an active caretaker.
4) Must compile and run with a "reasonably recent" version of the
official compiler.
5) Have a clear & precise descrption of what it does.
6) Have proper licensing.