Not with the scene…

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Wed Sep 11 05:56:42 PDT 2013

Am 11.09.2013 14:00, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:

> There's the DUB package manager for D:
> https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/dub
>
> And apparently (although I guess I never noticed this) the meta-data
> for each package is called a "record" (a common, albeit old, term for
> a database entry).

Slight disclaimer: It's not actually called like that, but Russel
implied that this would make sense.

However, the loose resemblance of an audio cassette in case of the DUB
logo and a 7" record in case of the vibe.d logo does fall in the same
category I guess. ;)

But seriously, it's a pity that "record" is not an adequate name for a
DUB package -- calling it "package" always makes for confusion wrt. D
packages/modules. So if anyone has a better term that would be awesome...

Regarding the dub music genre, it has to be said that although it is the
root for dubstep and in turn ... brostep, it's usually not really
comparable result-wise and I have a strong desire to avoid putting the
word "step" somewhere in proximity of "DUB" ;)