[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Justin Whear justin at economicmodeling.com
Fri Sep 13 14:08:53 PDT 2013

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 22:46:45 +0200, Peter Alexander wrote:

> On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 20:44:52 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 20:38:00 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>>> BTW, one veery nice thing about ME is I can run it from a remote
>>> console window.
>>
>> Yea, that's a big reason I use vim too. I do a lot of my work through
>> remote connections and having my trusty editor available with good
>> speed and resumeability where I left off (thanks to gnu screen) is a
>> huge nice thing.
>
> Do you actually write significant amounts of code on remote machines?
> I'm struggling to find a reason to do that.

I don't write a lot of code remotely aside from the infrequent quickfix
on our testing server.  But I do quite a bit of editing of configurations
on remote boxes; because vim is installed by default in linux, it's just
matter of cloning my vim bundle (https://github.com/jwhear/vim-
bundle.git) into my home directory on the remote machine and boom, my
full install complete with plugins.