D For A Web Developer

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 30 06:47:10 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 12:56:03 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> FWIW, IMO the big selling point of D is it's fairly unique
> knack for letting you eat your cake and still have it. I rather
> like to think we can manage merging the "full stacks" with the
> "lightweights".

Ugh, avoid the full stacks like the plague. They tend to be
lockin solutions. Reminds me of Tango in D1 where you risked
pulling in all kinds of dependencies.

You might dislike this, but I think nimble servers and clean
separation with javascript heavy clients are the future.

What I don't want:

- I have started to avoid server processing of forms,
javascript/ajax gives better user experience.

- I avoid advanced routing, it adds little and leads to harder to
maintain code, give me a regexp based routing table in one
location binding request-handlers.

- Server side generation should be kept minimal, prevents caching.

- Would never consider using serverside javascript generation.

What I do want:

- Transparent fast distributed in-memory database with logging to
a exchangable backing store and with consistency guarantees.

- No filesystem dependencies.