D game development: a call to action

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 16 07:39:05 PST 2014

> You'll notice that the engine code is not D code...

Hmm... Indeed.. I just assumed when I saw Walter get all excited
;)

> D will work on most of those platforms just fine if you abandon
> the GC and exception handler.

Unfortunately, I don't know D-compiler/runtime well enough to
actually try to get this to work, so I'll have to wait for an
official port =/

   Just out of curiosity though, what do you use for a level
editor? One of my main interests in D is the reflection system
for runtime script-tweaking and auto-serialization.

   I have an engine of my own, but it's development slowly ground
to a halt as I got fed up trying to achieve all the features I
wanted using C++. Lately, I've been learning D and starting to
look into porting it.