Do everything in Java…

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 22 13:27:50 PST 2014

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 15:36:27 +0000
via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Heh, btw, I just read on osnews.com that HP is going to create a
> new hardware platform The Machine and a new operating system for
> it based on resistor based non-volatile memory called memristors
> that is comparable to dram in speed. Pretty interesting actually:
>
> http://www.technologyreview.com/news/533066/hp-will-release-a-revolutionary-new-operating-system-in-2015/

yes, i read about that some time ago. it's fun conception, yet they
will be forced to emulate files anyway. i.e. such machine can be either
"only one user, only one task" (a-la Oberon, for example), or a mad to
program. everyone using files today, and nobody will write everything
again for some OS without files.

so it will be a toy, or will try hard to emulate current arch. either
way nothing new from the programmer's POV.