D as A Better C?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 18:17:59 PST 2014

On 12 February 2014 07:11, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 2/11/2014 11:43 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> (First off, I hate the name "better C", any suggestions?)
>>

> How about "EmbeddedD", though that wouldn't be entirely accurate?

I prefer the idea already mentioned of making a more well-defined
separation of D-core (static stuff), and then the rest as a higher layer.
Ie, rather than 'EmbeddeD' which suggests a _removal_ of stuff, if D
existed as 2 layers, then rather than removing the top layer, you're simply
not adding the top layer. If that makes sense.