Close D1 bugs?

ed growlercab at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 22:07:00 PST 2014

On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 05:27:14 UTC, Mathias LANG wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 08:57:21 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> On 2/11/2014 11:29 AM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> Thoughts? I closed the aforementioned bug as WONTFIX. Anyone
>>> is free to correct
>>> that if you feel it's in error :)
>>
>> D1 is still in use. Just ignore D1 only bugs if you don't use
>> D1. But to close
>> them does a disservice to the existing D1 users.
>
> What would be the negative impact on D1 users ? And how many
> people will be affected ?
>

> As the "official support for D1" has been discontinued in 2012,
> shouldn't one expect the official bug tracker to close anything
> D1-related too ?

Why? Does it affect D2 in any way if D1 bugs are in the bug
tracker(besides some meaningless stats)?. Just because it is
offically deprecated and not supported doesn't not imply there is
no support at all.

> Last but not least, there is the risk that bugs, once fixed for
> D2, turns into D1 bugs, which would harm our statistics and may
> bug some other tools (bountysource ?). Take a look at #10217 as
> an example.

So? Then change the version to D1 only.

Focus should be on actually fixing bugs, not some feelgood
numbers coming out of the bug tracker stats. Besides, I doubt
there is any real negative impact on D as a result of the bug
tracker numbers at this stage. Maybe worry about that when
evidence suggests otherwise.

Cheers,
ed