Review of std.signal

ilya-stromberg ilya-stromberg-2009 at yandex.ru
Sun Jan 12 01:55:34 PST 2014

On Saturday, 11 January 2014 at 18:02:15 UTC, Robert M. Münch
wrote:
> Hi, not really a comment regarding the actual implementation
> but I think that good debug support for signales & slots helps
> a lot in using it. What do I mean with this:
>
> - a way to dump in a human readable form the run-time
> connections. Which function / class / etc. is currently
> attached to which signal?
> - automatic logging like a call-stack in a debugger to get an
> idea when which signal is acted on
> - a way to get the order of activation for debugging to
> identify unwanted side-effects
> - etc.
>
> Big signal & slot implementaitons can be hard to debug, this
> should be as simple as possible.

Yes, it will be good to have.

Also, you can vote `yes with condition` and write your condition
after it (I think this description is good). In this case Robert
receives your vote only if he implement your condition. It looks
like not so many people use signals, so any feedback are welcome.