[OT] Apple introduces Swift as Objective-C sucessor

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 3 02:03:07 PDT 2014

On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 23:54:27 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Monday, 2 June 2014 at 23:12:15 UTC, ponce wrote:
>>>
>>> How do they do error handling ?
>>
>> I guess error codes, a proven technology!
>
> Well, for sure it is proven :D It is proven to never be checked
> !
>
>> The lack of exceptions put this language firmly in the
>> "irrelevant" bracket.
>>

> I wouldn't do it that fast. I mean it is apple. You just had to
> see the look in the eyes of peoples during the keynote. They
> were
> listening to god itself. Apple could pull anything and would be
> using it.

Yep. I'm sure that all Apple fanboys & girls will hail it as _the
ultimate_ super-hyper-mega-language of the century, ah, of the
millenium. After all it was created by God, er, Apple. (Mind you,
it was because of an apple that God evicted humans from paradaise
:-)

> And quite frankly it can't be worse than Objective C, so people
> will be using on iOS.

Well, Objective C does its job, nothing special. It's not a great
language but a reliable tool. I haven't used it for years now but
I'm sure I would miss the powerful feartures of D, if I used it
now.