Broken?

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Thu Mar 13 09:55:38 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 13 March 2014 at 00:37:42 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 3/11/14, 11:36 PM, Steve Teale wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 11 March 2014 at 18:56:15 UTC, Indica wrote:
>>> I'd like to point out that Walter and Andrei can't do it all
>>> themselves. It takes a team and part of pulling it off is
>>> well defined
>>> goals and job descriptions with devoted people.
>>
>> This is one of the motivations for my remark. They both have
>> probably
>> more than enough to do without having to wade through the
>> tremendous
>> volume of responses.
>
> Walter is a very nice man. He dislikes saying "no" to people on
> account of them getting mad at him or the language. So he'd
> rather not answer.

Walter is a complex and proud man, like most of us. I love him
dearly - he (along with John Haggins - who you maybe never heard
of), changed my life.

I'm getting old now, so the old adage "if it ain't broken, don't
mend it" becomes very appealing.

Except, of course for 'direct' ;=) I think, looking at the
current arguments, that C++ may have got it right there. And,
since it wasn't there before, can it break anything?

Steve

Steve