More radical ideas about gc and reference counting

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 12 10:03:32 PDT 2014

On 13 May 2014 02:16, bearophile via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> Manu:
>

>> we are an industry in desperate need of salvation,
>> it's LONG overdue, and I want something that actually works well for us,
>> not a crappy set of compromises because the
>> language has a fundamental incompatibility with my industry :/
>

> Perhaps the game industry has to start the creation of a language designed
> for its needs, like the scientific people have done (Julia), the browser
> ones (Rust), the Web ones have done, etc. With lot of work in less than ten
> years you can have an usable language.

But D is *so close*... and I like it! >_<

I have to say that this discussion has certainly left me somewhat
intrigued by Rust though.
I've never given it a fair go because I find the syntax so distasteful
and deterring.
I wonder if there's a market for a rust fork that re-skin's the language ;)