What are the worst parts of D?

Jeremy Powers via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 8 12:46:55 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Jonathan via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> 3) Taking a hint from the early success of Flash, add Derelict3 (or some
> basic OpenGL library) directly into Phobos. Despite some of the negatives
> (slower update cycle versus external lib), it would greatly add to D's
> attractiveness for new developers. I nearly left D after having a host
> issues putting Derelict3 into my project. If I had this issue, we may be
> missing out from attracting newbies looking to do gfx related work.

Personally I take the opposite view - I'd much prefer a strong and easily
consumed third-party library ecosystem than to shove everything into
Phobos.  Dub is a wonderful thing for D, and needs to be so good that
people use it by default.