D in my trashbin

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Oct 24 16:05:37 PDT 2014

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 22:46:58 +0000
Kyoji Klyden via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Despite all rationale, priority should be in offering our
> assistance, regardless of how futile it may be (Futile, because
> in this case it's not likely he would have ever responded). It'd
> be beneficial to atleast somewhat dispel D's "expert only" facade
> that newcomers tend to get.
that's why we have D.learn NG, where people tries not just answer to
question, but explain the answer, and answer's hidden complexity if
there is any, and so on. i rarely see answers with just a fixed code in
D.learn, almost always there is an explanation what was done wrong and
why, and how to do the things right (and why).

i believe that D.general is for advanced users. but even then people
will get detailed answers here if that people really want to solve
their troubles.