Voting: std.logger

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 2 00:10:28 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 06:53:30 UTC, eles wrote:
>> Oh, I understand the intentions perfectly well, but the
>> default should be performant, multithreaded, and cover the
>> most common use scenario.
>
> +1
>
> While its useful for the standard library to provide stubs,
> these mean very little without a default implementation. And
> the latter shall be quite generic to cover most of the use
> cases.
>
> Rolling one's own loggers shall be done only if the world is
> not enough.

I disagree and it was declared among goals of this module from
the very beginning that it won't go that way, won't even attempt
to do it. If you have some good ideas about better default
implementation - make pull request after it is merged into
"std.experimental". Right now it is not in the scope of the
review and I will simply ignore all comments that are related
purely to implementation.

However, if there any API issues that will likely block the
implementation you want - those are very important to hear about.
This is #1 priority right now.