WindowsAPI as dub package

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 19 07:04:07 PDT 2014

On Friday, 19 September 2014 at 12:10:05 UTC, Paul Z. Barsan
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The main problem is that the development still takes place on
> dsource.org. Can dub get packages from svn repositories ? If it
> doesn't, how can we solve this? Maybe a new github organization
> like "dub-packagers" to involve more people and avoid to much
> effort for one man with a personal account?

I had the same problem with X11 (as mentioned above) i just
copied the repo from deimos and put it on the dub repository
myself. I will only remove it if the official one is moved to
there.

I would try and contact the maintainers on github, etc. and ask
for them to be placed in the dub repository. If you have no luck
with that just do it yourself like i did with the x11 repo.

> Someone said there is windows API support in phobos. I've seen
> there are stc.c.windows.windows and core.sys.windows.windows
> modules but they don't appear in the online documentation
> (http://dlang.org/phobos/).Are those modules meant to be used
> by clients and the docs are outdated or is just dmd internal
> stuff ?

stc.c.windows.windows is meant to be used by developers and can
be contributed to if something is missing.

Stuff under the core module: core.sys.windows.windows is usually
for internal usage but there's no reason why it can't be utilised
by developers. If it's public, use it.