WindowsAPI as dub package

Paul Z. Barsan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 19 10:16:20 PDT 2014

On Friday, 19 September 2014 at 14:04:08 UTC, Gary Willoughby
wrote:

> I would try and contact the maintainers on github, etc. and ask
> for them to be placed in the dub repository. If you have no
> luck with that just do it yourself like i did with the x11 repo.

Someone already did and made a pull request with a dub.json
package description:
https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/WindowsAPI/pull/2 but Andrej
Mitrovic said that the dsource developers should handle it. I
don't want to bug people and ask the same question.I don't have
dub packaging experience , neither a windows operating system to
begin with but someday I may need to port to windows and still
use dub as a build system.

> stc.c.windows.windows is meant to be used by developers and can
> be contributed to if something is missing.
>
> Stuff under the core module: core.sys.windows.windows is
> usually for internal usage but there's no reason why it can't
> be utilised by developers. If it's public, use it.

Yeah but std.c.windows.windows contains only one import to
core.sys.windows.windows (
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/c/windows/windows.d
) so there is not much to contribute on this module.

My last option will be just what you did, clone and publish but
it won't be in the near future. I was thinking there are more
WindowsAPI users that want to move to dub build system or maybe
some dsource developers around here willing to move to github and
make it faster.Wishful thinking ...