Writing game engine in C++, considering switching to D

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 18 13:19:22 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 18 February 2015 at 20:29:34 UTC, Will Cassella
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working on a neat little game engine in C++ for the
> past year or so, and while C++ has served me well in the past,
> there are some points where its just awful to write.

Maybe you should consider creating D-bindings for your C++ engine
and write a small game for it in D before you start porting?

> Anyway, if anyone here can give me advice on whether I should
> transition or not, I'd appreciate it.

If your goal is to have fun I suggest you write something in D
rather than port existing code. Otherwise you most likely will
end up with "why is this hard in D" rather than "this is much
more fun in D".