Use SIMD to accelerate comment lexing

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 3 00:50:22 PDT 2015

On 2015-06-03 01:08, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> It's fairly large to cover everything I think is important, and
> there's a few tools missing still; I can't finish without some way to
> know the SIMD flags fed to the compiler from the command line (some
> standard versions?), and it's also difficult to resolve without
> forceinline of some sort.

Isn't it possible to proceed without forceinline, to be able to finish
the functionality. I understand that you think it's useless for
performance reasons, but is it enough to get the functionality correct?

> As an aside, I need a test environment for each compiler, targetting
> x86, x64 and arm at least, where I can submit some code, and have it
> run the unittests on a matrix of appropriate targets. (ideally PPC and
> MIPS would also be included, so they can influence design decisions.)
> Does any such test system exist? A web service to provide this would
> be invaluable... I don't have all those systems available to me.

Travis CI [1] can be used for x86-64, Linux and OS X. There's also a
service that uses Windows for their hosts, but I can't remember the name
right now.

[1] https://travis-ci.org

--
/Jacob Carlborg