Moving back to .NET

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 29 21:32:52 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 at 22:05:48 UTC, rumbu wrote:
> My main complaints are also the compiler error messages ("Out
> of memory" is the most annoying one) and the Linux-centric
> approach of the development, but I'm far from being disgruntled.

I've never understood the "Linux-centric" complaint. I've been
using D on Windows for 11 years with no problems. Hell, in the
early days, Linux was the red-headed stepchild. DMD may not be
deeply integrated into the MS ecosystem of dev tools (which could
certainly be an issue for a Windows-only dev shop that uses
Visual Studio and peripherals for everything), but that hardly
makes it Linux-centric.