Do we need a FAQ page?

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 29 09:17:39 PDT 2016

On Monday, 29 August 2016 at 15:53:54 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Monday, 29 August 2016 at 15:29:40 UTC, Cauterite wrote:
>> You can actually fork the website (
>> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/blob/master/faq.dd ) and
>> improve it yourself if you feel so inclined. I'm sure many of
>> us will be happy to help you smooth it over once you get the
>> ball rolling.
>
> Maybe, but an alternative is that someone will spend a bunch of
> time changing the website and then others won't agree, so it
> will be wasted.
>
> In addition to needing the FAQ at the highest level of the
> menus, we need a reference to Ali's book. The old website had
> it listed as one of the top items as the "official tutorial".
> Now it's buried and nobody will know it is the official
> tutorial even in the unlikely event that they do find it.

Huh? It's directly in the "Learn" tab:

> For a deeper dive into D check out books about D, among others
> Ali Çehreli's Programming in D.

(it's also mentioned at a couple of other places on dlang.org)

Btw if would be an "official" tutorial, which afaik there isn't,
the DLang Tour would be pretty close to it:

https://tour.dlang.org/

The main difference is the intended audience and length.
That being said the DLang Tour contains a whole bunch of
reference for in-depth reading - nearly every page:

https://github.com/stonemaster/dlang-tour/pull/257