Digital Audio Workstation in D

Tanel Tagaväli via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 14 23:55:22 PST 2016

On Monday, 15 February 2016 at 02:31:21 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> Are you interested in taking ownership of the more basic
> primitives?

Ownership as in "Only I can work on this."?
If so, no.

I have little to no experience with audio I/O, X11 or
DirectX/Windows API.
I'm just a somewhat quick learner, especially when learning
something can help achieve my goals (in this case, being able to
customize the software I use to create music).

Being "fully D" is not a priority to me, initially depending on
SDL and later switching the low-level libraries to pure D
implementations is totally fine.

Once I've learned more about the insides of audio software and
the native APIs on multiple platforms, I might be able to
contribute to said audio primitives.
Until then, Ketmar seems a more suited candidate (already has a
multi-channel sound engine, Follin[0] in the works (only on ALSA,
though) ).

P.S. Thanks for your work on windowing and image handling, will
be very useful once an actual GUI for the DAW is needed.

[0] http://repo.or.cz/iv.d.git/tree/refs/heads/master:/follin