Official compiler

Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 18 06:22:06 PST 2016

Lots of programmers out there use and love languages that are far
slower than any code DMD produces (think JavaScript, Python,
Ruby). So I see no point here. If someone is learning D, and they
know there are different compilers available, they would find out
what are the differences. OpenJDK's JVM is not the best JVM in
the world, yet millions of people use it.

What I find in having DMD being a *reference compiler* useful is
to have a compiler which has latest language changes.