Regex benchmarks in Rust, Scala, D and F#

israel via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 5 23:05:43 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 17:52:39 UTC, Karthikeyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Came across this post in rust-lang subreddit about the regex
> benchamrks. Scala surprisingly outperforms D. LDC also gives a
> good advantage for efficiency of D.
>
> http://vaskir.blogspot.ru/2015/09/regular-expressions-rust-vs-f.html

I think the problem with these "benchmarks" is that when their
favorite language is up there and not doing as good as the
others, people begin to yell out that they didnt optimize the
code well, either through compiler flags or something else.

There should be a public benchmark standard.

No special functions. No special linker flags. Just the plain
code and compilation process.