Anyone using DMD to build 32bit on OS X?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 10 09:12:40 PST 2016

I've implemented native TLS in DMD on OS X for 64bit. Now the question
is, does it need to work for 32bit as well?

The easiest would be to drop the 32bit support all together. Other
options would be to continue to use emulate TLS on 32bit or implement
native TLS for 32bit as well. I would prefer to not have to do this for
32bit as well.

As far as I know we haven't released a 32bit binary of DMD for a very
long time. It would be very rare to find a Mac that cannot run 64bit
binaries.

Native TLS on OS X would mean that the runtime requirements for the
binaries produced by DMD on OS X would be OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later.
Hopefully that should not be a problem since it's several years (and
versions) old.

--
/Jacob Carlborg