What's the real support that D offers for web development?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 01:14:54 PST 2016

On 2016-01-24 15:22, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

> I don't know which database engines are "real", but there are fully
> vibe.d compatible drivers for at least MySQL, Postgres and Cassandra.

I had some bad experience with the Postgres driver (ddb [1], not sure if
that's the one you're referring to). Mostly issues with how it handled
Nullable and Variant and how it interacted with Phobos.

> Built-in solutions are requested from time to time, but the plan is
> actually to go into the opposite direction and make the MongoDB and
> Redis clients separate libraries.

That make sense. But they could still be official supported. The same
happens with Rails, but you still get everything you need when
generating a new Rails application. Either installed automatically or in
comments. "Add this gem to access SQLite, add that gem to access
Postgres" and so on.

[1] https://github.com/pszturmaj/ddb

--
/Jacob Carlborg