Version identifier for PS4

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 13 12:56:01 PDT 2016

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 23:29:08 Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 6/9/2016 5:30 AM, Johan Engelen wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >   PR 5850 is proposing to add a predefined (reserved) version identifier
> >   for the>
> > PS4 OS: "PS4" [1].
> > Thanks for your comment (preferably with an alternative suggestion in case
> > you don't like "PS4").
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >   Johan
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/5850
>
> As others suggested, me kinda prefer "PlayStation4" as there's little doubt
> what that refers to.

I wouldn't have expected any doubt about what PS4 meant. What else would it
mean other than Playstation 4? I would have thought that that would be
obvious, and Playstation4 would be overly verbose in comparison (not to
mention, it stands feeling weird without a space when it's all spelled out
like that). But I won't be writing any code involving any gaming consoles,
so I don't exactly have much of a horse in this race.

- Jonathan M Davis