Version identifier for PS4

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 13 13:23:42 PDT 2016

On 6/13/2016 12:56 PM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I wouldn't have expected any doubt about what PS4 meant. What else would it
> mean other than Playstation 4?

The TLA space is pretty limited.

> I would have thought that that would be
> obvious, and Playstation4 would be overly verbose in comparison (not to
> mention, it stands feeling weird without a space when it's all spelled out
> like that).

It's not like anyone is going to run out of disk/memory space having
"PlayStation4" strings in it. :-)

My general stylistic opinion is that global names should be a bit verbose, and
local names should be short. (Yes, you can find counterexamples in the code I've
written.) Instead of having a naming convention grammar for globals vs locals, I
find the length to be quite effective.