D mentioned and criticized

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 16 18:20:16 PDT 2016

On Monday, May 16, 2016 18:25:23 Chris via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> The author goes on to talk about C++'s complicated semantics,
> which is fair enough. But it gives readers the impression that D
> is more or less the same as C++ and thus has the same problems. I
> think it's not fair to lump C++ and D together in this way.

Well, it's pretty easy to lump in C++ with D given that out of all of the
successors to C++, D is the most similar to it. And while D is definitely
simpler than C++, it's still a complicated language. So, I could easily see
someone dismissing D as having C++'s problems if they didn't spend much time
with it. But I have no idea what the case is with these folks. I'd never
heard of Loci before you brought it up here.

- Jonathan M Davis