ddoc latex/formulas?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 15 10:32:16 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 15 September 2016 at 14:40:24 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> Wait, but I just showed how with vanilla ddoc you can
> immediately use mathjax to do better than adrdox. No need for
> any pre/postprocessing or scripting, just one line of import.

mathjax IS postprocessing via scripting. And better is extremely
dubious as it is unreliable and slow for the end user...

My method of automatic server-side image replacement gives fast,
consistent results to the reader, while being equally simple to
write for the author. It also has the advantage of working
offline, which is a major point for my docs because I like to use
them while on airplanes and such.

I'm aware of these other options. I also considered generating
MathML or SVG and decided on png because it gives the best
balance of benefits - a small image file that works everywhere
(including offline), though doesn't scale font sizes or respond
to other css instructions as well as the others, I deemed those
to be less important overall than actually displaying correctly
by default on a wide variety of devices without a massive
download.