Garbage Collector?

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 28 08:43:22 PDT 2017

On Friday, 28 April 2017 at 14:59:46 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Friday, 28 April 2017 at 09:40:07 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
>> I'm sorry, but that's just plain wrong. D does not have
>> ownership pointers because nobody that wants them has stepped
>> up and
>> 1) Done the work of drafting an informal proposal that
>> *actually deals with _all_ of the issues involved*
>
> Wrong. This has been discussed and hashed out to death over and
> over again. The solutions are on the table.

No. Every single thread I read in the last couple of years ended
with Walter pointing out issues that need to be "hashed out" and
then nobody doing it.

> Walter's position has always been that having more than a
> single pointer type is a disaster.

None of the threads I've read in the last couple of years
regarding that support that claim.

> That makes further work on it pointless.

What you consider worth working on is your business, of course :)