Jetbrains announce support for rust plugin, show them we want one too!

Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 9 08:13:37 PDT 2017

On 09.08.2017 09:59, Ryion wrote:
> Specific people here keep responding how the complainer needs to do it themselves or pay for it.

This is usually after the complainer tells others to do it for him/her,
sometimes using strong language.

The current thread is particularly peculiar, as it adds an additional
indirection: the poster asks others to ask someone else to do the work. :)

> Tracing the people that "complained" there post history, shows that most of them simply do not post anymore, after being told to do it themselves.

The threads they spawn are often not very interesting.

> All the rest is simply negative PR for the people who lurk ( not post )
> and read the comments.

It is also a common pattern for the complainers to point out how not
fixing their pet peeve will result in negative PR or reduced popularity.
As if everyone here was somehow more deeply invested in D's popularity
than in its quality. I find that to be a bit irritating.