Quora

Patrick Schluter via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 20 01:32:16 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 20 August 2017 at 02:44:13 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Saturday, August 19, 2017 15:17:52 Ecstatic Coder via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> > Its called necro-posting.
>> > I'm surprised that post isn't read-only.
>>
>> Call it like you want, but I ee people putting new
>> answers/comments to years old posts all the times, as it's
>> perfectly legitimate on many blogs and websites.
>>
>> What was the best answer 10 years ago is often completely
>> wrong nowadays.
>>
>> Forbidding people to suggest what can easily solve the problem
>> *right now* is what would be silly IMHO.
>
> IIRC, there's even a badge for necro-posting. I don't think
> that I've ever done it though.

There are at least 2 different badges for old posting answers

Here my track record in C answers
https://stackoverflow.com/users/146377/patrick-schl%c3%bcter?tab=badges
I'm 12 times necromancer i.e. answered a question older than 60
days with a score higher than 5 and am also an excavator which
means that I edited a question or an answer in a post that was
inactive for 6 months.
So, editing and answering old questions is encouraged on
stackoverflow and imho it is a good thing, nothing is more
annoying than googling for a question and only finding answers in
old mailing lists that apply only to a compiler/system/language
from the '90s.