Why not promoting team work?

nbro via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 14 03:38:57 PST 2017

Nobody has understood yet the goal of this post.

I'm not saying that everybody should work in a team or shouldn't
try to create what one needs, if there isn't a better alternative.

I'm suggesting that for a few interesting, useful and possibly
valuable projects, before they start (but eventually also after
they have started) there could be something some promotion by the
leaders of the D programming language to attract people to work
on them.

Take for instance the case of IDEs. Different people have tried
to create their own, or create bindings, but they ended up not
being that good, uncompleted, maintained very sporadically. If
there was something like I'm suggesting, I'm not saying it would
solve all the problems, but it could help in creating at least
small collaborations between D's users to work on the most
valuable projects, without first thinking with their own head.
This is first about sensitization of the masses.

So, as I've described, this is about putting together people
working on projects where they are all interested, not to
obligate someone to help. This is all about improving
organization in order to improve the quality rather than the
quantity.

Last, I'm not saying that money (or some sort reward) couldn't be
involved in a few cases.