[OT] Re: Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

Rico Decho via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 7 10:45:55 PST 2017

> D seems to be in a situation where those who don't care have a
> crap GC which needs to be improved and those who do care have
> the tools to deal with it. So there needs to be ongoing
> replacement of the D GC until there is something good, this is
> a technical problem. That people who care about the effect of
> GC still think D is a crap GC-based language implies there is a
> marketing problem, not a technical one.

But I don't think that D's GC is fine for people who care about
it.

If it is, why are people on this forum giving advices on how to
disable and/or avoid it for soft real-time applications where a
GC freeze can't be tolerated.

D's GC isn't a crap at all, but better designs and
implementations exist, and Nim's GC is one of them.

We can either learn from it, or ignore it... But the second
solution won't make D more appropriate for soft real-time
scenarios...