Learning programming with D - optimizing the entry point / the environment?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 23 11:48:32 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 23 March 2017 at 18:25:55 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> And BTW, that was written for a text console, so the only
> library needed was a terminal control library (which in theory
> could be dispensed with, as you could just output the escape
> sequences yourself / call the OS console functions yourself).

Oh, my terminal.d makes that simple anyway!

I want to close some of the gap between terminal and
simpledisplay though. I wrote a little file text viewer for
someone on irc today with simpledisplay and it was a bit of a
hassle. On the other hand, a high-level widget is outside sdpy's
charter, but being able to write text is really useful... and
surprisingly complicated with low-level apis, so I think I'll do
something.

But regardless, for a 2d game, sdpy and terminal both give what
you need to make it pretty simple.