Jonathan Blow's presentation [OT]

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 9 10:25:37 PDT 2017

On 05/09/2017 12:58 PM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

>  Use a good headset (E.g. Sennheiser
> HD600 or better) and preferably use the same headset the audio engineer
> used... Loudspeaker in room -> not the same signal as on the CD.

You seem to know a thing or two about audio hardware (more than me
anyway) - Any idea offhand where to find a good set of clip-style
headphones? That's something I've been dying to find for years (I don't
like "earbuds" - I find sticking thing inside my ears to be terribly
uncomfortable, even compared to the occasion pinch of clip-style, and
traditional are always just falling off in casual use).

I used to use Koss's clip-style (and loved the one with in-line volume
control) since, despite being affordable, they were the only ones I'd
ever found that didn't sound horrible (all the Sony ones of remotely
comparable price sounded like complete trash no matter what the box
claimed about its specs...and the Sonys are downright ugly to boot.
Other brands didn't fare any better.)

Unfortunately, after a few years, both my Koss pairs crapped out (ie, no
sound period out one or both speakers), and the non-free "warranty"
replacements consistently crapped out the same way after about two
months max (sounded good until then, though).

At this point, I don't care about cost, would just like to find a
reliable good-sounding (ie, at least comparable to Koss's sound quality)
clip-style. Any leads? Is there even such a thing has high-end, or even
mid-range clip headphones?