Why dfmt, dcd, dscanner, ... are not bundled together?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 17 05:57:31 PDT 2017

On 2017-05-17 12:01, Seb wrote:

> There's also the hope that one day SDC or dmd-fe can be used for plugin
> development as libdparse and its tools are inherently quite limited due
> to a missing semantic analysis phase.

I agree. Although the tools based on libdparse are here today and are
working. The DMD frontend is far from being ready to be used as a
library. Then the tools need to be built on top of the library as well.
I have no idea about the status of SDC.

I think they should be included. Perhaps later when the DMD frontend is
ready, the same tools can be included, just based on a different library.

--
/Jacob Carlborg