Thoughts about D

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Tue Nov 28 08:58:46 UTC 2017

On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 at 08:33:20 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 November 2017 at 04:35:04 UTC, IM wrote:
>> [...]
>
> This is something that has gone in fits and starts over the
> years because of a lack of dedicated manpower, but the pace has
> been gradually to picking up. As of recently, I'm working on
> several tasks in this direction, big and small, with the
> support of the D Foundation. For example, we now have a D
> Language Foundation channel on youtube [1] where I'm currently
> in the process of collecting DConf videos that are scattered
> around different sites and accounts (working on 2014 first,
> since several of the video links on that edition of dconf.org
> were broken). It's not ready for announcement yet, but I hope
> to be there by the end of the year. There are a number of other
> things I'm looking at that have tended to slip through the
> cracks because they've been overlooked or no one has stepped in
> to do them.
>
> [...]

Since Mike started the official D blog last summer, downloads of
the reference compiler are up 90%:

http://erdani.com/d/downloads.daily.png

I don't think that's a coincidence and attribute a significant
chunk of that to his efforts and those who wrote posts, which is
why I suggested starting an official blog years ago.